Clayton Whites Hotel is inextricably woven into the social, cultural and artistic history of Wexford. From as early as 1715, local historians believe that a lodging house called the “The King’s Arms” existed close to the hotel’s present site. The surrounding areas boast an equally rich history with many local attractions worth exploring.
Clayton Whites Hotel is ideally located in the centre of Wexford town, providing the perfect base for touring the many attractions that Wexford has to offer.
Wexford is part of Ireland’s Ancient East, a wonderful opportunity to experience 5,000 years of history in one compact area. Read more about Ireland’s ancient east here.
Top Local Wexford Attractions
- Wexford Castles & Abbeys: Explore the ancient castles & abbeys of Wexford and be transported back thousands of years.
- The Hook Lighthouse and Peninsula: Visit the world’s oldest operational lighthouse, beautiful gardens, ancient rooms or explore the rugged outdoors of the Hook Peninsula.
- Wells House & Gardens: Wells House and Gardens is one of the premier family friendly venues in Wexford & was recently voted “Best Family Day Out” by listeners of TodayFM.
- Loftus Hall: Visit Ireland’s most haunted house, set against the wild and rugged landscape of the Hook Peninsula.
- John F. Kennedy Park & Arboretum: This beautiful woodland park is dedicated to the memory of JFK, whose family were Wexford natives.
- Johnstown Castle & Irish Agricultural Museum: Visit the 19th century Johnstown castle, home to spectacular ornamental grounds and gardens and the Irish Agricultural Museum.
Explore all Wexford has to offer:
- Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience: A world class interpretation of the famine emigrant experience & 1840’s emigrant vessel
- National 1798 Rebellion Centre: Vividly discover the 1798 rebellion, one of the most important events in Ireland’s history.
- Wexford Wildfowl Reserve: Over 250 species of wildfowl can be found in this 200 hectare reserve, including the Greenland white fronted geese, Europe’s rarest geese.
- Wexford Lavender Farm: Set against the beautiful County Wexford countryside, Wexford Lavender Farm has a wonderful mix of goings-on to keep the whole family happy and entertained.
Why not plan your trip to Wexford now. Take a look at our hotel offers here.LESS INFORMATION